Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role
- Your shift will be scheduled between 12:00PM and 8:00PM
- Respond promptly and professionally to incoming inquiries by telephone, or email
- Taking ownership of each call, handling it until resolution is reached, which includes follow-up, as necessary to ensure that the actions promised to the caller are completed
- Establish and maintain good rapport with customers by using positive language and anticipating their needs
- Gather all necessary information, inputting it accurately into company database
- Provide the insured with basic information on coverage, and arrange any necessary supplemental services
- Provide data tracking support and manage spreadsheets
What do you bring to the role?
- Bilingual is required (English and French)
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong customer service, problem solving and resolution skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and think on your feet in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
- No insurance industry experience required
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Hybrid work schedule for most roles
Company share ownership program
Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
Wellness and recognition programs
Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).