We are looking for an Engineering Systems Manager to join our team!
Why Moog Focal?
Our Moog culture is unlike any other!
Every day, millions of people rely on our products for critical power and control systems. Whether it’s on land, sea, in the air or underwater, our ground-breaking technologies enable the deployment of robots, sensors and machinery in harsh environments around the world.
At Moog Focal, we are technical leaders in global markets, defining and delivering proven engineering solutions for challenging marine, defense and industrial environments. We are industry leaders in subsea fiber-optic communications and offshore energy solutions, specializing in rugged electro-optical slip rings, fluid swivels, high power electrical swivels and advanced fiber-optic multiplexers and subsea control systems.
We’re as passionate about our purpose and as true to our principles today as the day we started out. We value the skill and commitment of our employees above all else. For people looking for inspiring, creative and meaningful work in a warm, respectful, family-like environment, Moog Focal will feel like home.
We are an experienced group of engineers and designers who work closely together, driven by a shared sense of purpose and a passion for excellence built on decades of success. Mentorship and mutual support are part of an everyday way of working for us.
We collaborate closely with our customers to bring our industry-leading OEM and configurable products to markets around the world. Our products are often enabling technologies that advance the capabilities of our customers in their industries.
We design. We build. We deliver, and we support! We experience the full breadth of product life cycle, from concept to detailed design to field installation and technical support. We see our designs realized in collaboration with our talented production team.
We are problem solvers and innovators! We value ground-breaking and enabling technologies that have real impact for our customers. We have a tradition of innovation, with many market firsts for fiber optic, electrical, and electronic products!
We are not formal. We learn from our mistakes and progress. We enjoy new challenges.
As this is a new role within Moog Focal, this is a great opportunity for a process-oriented innovator and organizer to make significant contributions to critical Engineering design processes, supported by a small, dedicated team. With a focus on efficiency, quality, and consistency, this group provides essential engineering support to sales, production, and service to ensure customer satisfaction, particularly for standard products. A keen interest in engineering design processes, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), data systems, and/or Design for Manufacturability (DfM) is an asset.
In this role, you will:
- Work on interesting, unique product lines designed for rugged performance in harsh environments, such as marine, subsea, and defense applications.
- Lead a team responsible for key technical services such as drafting support, Product Lifecyle Management (PLM) maintenance, design tool support (including CAD), introduction of new design processes and tools for continuous improvements.
- Manage, coach and develop your employees, with a focus on building expertise and a highly productive, effective and engaged team.
- Take on primary responsibility for leading technical design and support for standard products, working closely with sales, production, and service to fulfill customer requirements and company goals.
- Create and maintain internal Moog Focal documentation and training materials for Engineering Systems procedures, as integrated within an ISO-9001 quality system.
- Collaborate with sales, production, and adjacent engineering groups to create design documentation and ensure critical parts are identified and risks are mitigated.
- Adhere to the Company’s quality plan and drive related continuous improvement efforts.
Who you are:
- An Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience or an Engineering Technologist with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- A leader with at least 3 years of experience supervising technical teams
- A Detail Oriented Person committed to high quality design and structured processes
- A Problem-Solver who enjoys finding innovative solutions and continuous improvements
- A Learner who is passionate about new design processes, CAD, PLM, and ERP systems
- A Communicator and a Collaborator who enjoys leading a team and supporting others
Want to learn more about Moog Focal Technologies? Visit www.moog.com/focal
Focus on You
We provide a collaborative, flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits, matching retirement savings plans, health and wellness fitness subsidies.
We embody a performance culture that empowers and inspires individuals to achieve remarkable things. We make diversity, equity, and inclusion a priority. Our goal is to create a culture where we value, respect, and provide fair treatment and equal opportunities for all employees. Moog aspires to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company where employees are empowered to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day. By recognizing and celebrating our differences, we cultivate an environment that’s the right fit for every person inside of it. It is our core belief that if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers, partners, shareholders, and communities where we live and work.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran