Our Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) office in Vancouver, BC is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer with experience working in project teams and keen on developing hands-on structural design experience in water resource infrastructure and hydroelectric fields. This position will be working as part of the Power & Transportation Group. Types of projects may involve rehabilitation of existing dams and hydropower facilities, design of new hydropower facilities, and civil works design on other water resource projects.
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated structural engineering professional interested in working on technically inspiring projects from concept to completion and who excel at working within multi-disciplinary project teams. We offer unparalleled career growth for the right individual in a dynamic growing company committed to high quality engineering and excellence.
At KCB you will have the opportunity to build a diverse skill set with a combination of field and office engineering assignments and become part of a small but growing integrated group of senior and intermediate engineers and scientists.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work with diverse teams of multidiscipline engineers, designers and drafters from preliminary investigations and conceptual design through preliminary design, final design and construction
- manage projects and be responsible for completion on schedule and financial performance
- act as a mentor to junior / intermediate staff
- write, compile, and review technical reports and fee proposals to clients
- Act as a technical resource within a multidisciplinary project team that fosters career development
- Visit project sites, as required to gather information to contribute to engineering activities
- Travel within Canada and internationally
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Professional designation within B.C. or eligibility to apply within the year
- Technical aptitude, knowledge and experience in the field and on design teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills, with demonstrated report writing skills
- Strong working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Analytical skills with various computational tools – SAP 2000, MIDAS, LS-DYNA, etc.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, and Mathcad, Proficiency with Microsoft WORD and Excel
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- Enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Working knowledge in the following areas not essential, but an asset:
- concrete dam design
- spillway and intake design
- penstock and/or lined tunnel design
- seismic assessments (stability, Response Spectrum Analysis, time history analysis, floor design spectrum development)
- seismic design of structures including performance based seismic design
- Canadian Dam Association guidelines and regulations
- dam safety reviews and assessment of compliance with typical practice and regulatory requirements
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT, and wellness days
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.