Being a part of BrokerLink, means you live our values: to act with integrity, be respectful of others, have a customer-driven mindset, strive for excellence and always treat others with generosity. These values drive our diversity and inclusion efforts to ensure a respectful and inclusive work environment is present.
We want like-minded individuals who want to provide the highest level of customer service, who carry themselves with utmost professionalism.
We want to invest in you! Your success is our success and our purpose of “we’re here to help people” is what motivates us to keep the amazing talent we attract, for a long time. We want to bring out the best of all our team members! Offering countless opportunities to grow and an environment which values our most important assets, you, our team members. We have over 200 offices across Canada, ask us about our flexible work arrangements!
We are looking for a Database Administrator to join BrokerLink and work out of one of our offices in St. John’s, NL, Halifax, NS, Toronto, ON, Calgary, AB or Edmonton, AB on a Contractual FT Basis.
What the Role Entails:
- Designs and tests databases
- Manages database access and permissions
- Reviews database security, integrity and backup procedures
- Devises and Implements Processes for resolving faults and data loss
- Performs regular performance tuning & capacity monitoring tasks
- Provides input on vulnerability relevancy and participates in reviews with security team
- Tests recommended patches, including security patches, bug fixes and feature updates
- Establishes access to existing non-BrokerLink systems
- Assists in securing acquired company data
- Provides routine and ad-hoc reporting
- Creates and maintains documentation including SOP’s
- Coordinates activities with employees, partners, vendors, and other support staff
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills
The Successful candidate will have:
*If you feel you have the equivalent skills, please apply*
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have hands-on experience with databases and database server technologies, with emphasis on Microsoft cloud offerings. You will also need to understand the fundamentals of server operating systems. You will need to have a strong understanding of common I.T.-related hardware and services and you will need to understand the fundamentals of computer networks and best practices. You will need to understand Incident Management systems. Ability to work after business hours as required. Fluent in Microsoft operating systems and productivity suites.
- University Degree or College Diploma in related discipline or applicable professional experience
- Must have strong experience working with databases and database servers (SQL preferred)
- Nice to have certifications in applicable Microsoft technologies.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player, self-starter, and ability to think and resolve issues independently.
As part of our employee promise, here are some of the many perks of working with us:
- ‘Dress for your day’, dress according to your daily schedule
- Working for an employer who is regularly recognized as one of Canada’s best employers such as Kincentric 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BrokerLink is committed to providing an accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
BrokerLink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive environment which embraces our diversities and sees them as our strength! We want to foster a workplace that makes all our team members and customers feel welcome and appreciated.
Discover more about BrokerLink! Visit our new dedicated Webpage - https://www.brokerlink.ca/campaign/discover-brokerlink
At BrokerLink, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!