STRABAG Inc., is a subsidiary of STRABAG SE, a European-based technology group for construction services. STRABAG Inc. has extensive experience in large-scale underground hard and soft-ground construction projects. We provide expertise in ground engineering and tunnel excavation with qualified personnel.
STRABAG is actively seeking a Shift Engineer for our Canadian division where he/she can utilize their extensive knowledge to contribute to the continued success and growth of the organization. The successful candidate will be stationed at the project site in Scarborough Area
Under the project and construction manager's direction, the Shift Engineer is responsible for construction work preparation including construction planning, document preparation, and submission field supervision of sub-contractors and workforce.
Main Functional Links: Project Managers, Construction Managers, General Superintendent
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analysis of drawings for work preparation and construction planning.
· Develop construction specifications and procedures
· Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
· Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
· Interpret, review, and approve survey and civil design work
· Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water, and waste management systems, and structural steel fabrications
· Preplanning and resource forecasting
· Performance management of subcontractors
· Planning of surface construction activities
· Coordination and preparation of project-related documents and submittals.
· Development of innovative technical solutions.
· Comply with applicable regulations and safety policies and procedures
· Produce detailed method statements and job safety hazard analysis
· Produce as-built drawings.
· Actively take part in the quality control processes, QA testing, and documentation.
· Assist other departments as directed by the Project Manager.
· Assist the Project and Construction Manager in promoting communication throughout the project team.
· Promote STRABAG to all associated with the project by demonstrating professional skill and a high standard of fairness and integrity.
· Able to work rotational shifts day and night
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Self-Motivated and flexible
· Ability to multi-task
· Shaft/Tunnel Construction experience is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
The employee is generally required to work on a construction site.
STRABAG Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. You will work in a motivated team and quickly gain a foothold through a well-structured induction period. Individual support possibilities in our own academy as well as modern and innovative development tools are waiting for you. We look forward to receiving your online application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates)! Please indicate your earliest possible starting date.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- SCARBOROUGH, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience in the construction industry?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person