Wade Consulting Inc. (WADE) offers expertise in both building science and structural engineering disciplines. We work collaboratively with building owners, developers, and architects to design new structures, assess existing buildings, and make repairs that ensure long-term value and durability for our clients while meeting the performance requirements of our constantly evolving building codes.
WADE is looking for Structural Engineer to join our growing team in Edmonton.This position has the flexibility to be full-time or part-time. The people who make up the WADE team are the core of our business - dedicated, engaged team members who are driven to solve problems and identify solutions for our clients. We seek to empower our team in the pursuit of serving our clients with engineering solutions. We provide our team with meaningful and exciting careers in a fast-growing environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the designing and detailing of structural elements including calculations, computer modeling, and analysis.
- Accountable for the technical quality and accuracy of work performed.
- Work to assemble and coordinate engineering drawings and contract documents in collaboration with other members of the engineering team.
- Perform site inspections, condition assessments, etc., and provides thorough documentation/reporting from site visits.
- Perform detailed structural analysis, prepare design calculations, and write reports under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Interact on project standards and coordination with the client.
- Work with team to provide drawing/CAD designs on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate the CAD portion of project deliverables.
- Prepare or review engineering documents, schedules, or reports, as assigned.
- Interpret and analyze field inspection data to evaluate and make recommendations.
- Prepare and review contract or design specifications.
- Effectively use QA tools and complete checklists and submit them to the project engineer as required.
- Mentors junior staff with design and delivery elements of a project to ensure standards are upheld.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) in Structural Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with structural analysis software, SAP2000, STADD, SFRAME, Microsoft Office, and visualization tools is an asset.
- Experience in steel, concrete and wood-framed construction.
- Strong project management competence.
- Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
- Experience in Building Envelope Rehabilitation projects is an asset.
- Experience in concrete structure restoration, parkade restoration, and high to mid-rise balcony rehabilitation projects are assets.
- Knowledgeable about appropriate building codes, specifications, and standards.
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time.
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what is required and draw rational conclusions from the information available.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Aptitude for working with existing facilities.
While your primary focus is on structural design and analysis, you also excel at project delivery management, contract administration, and producing structural documents. You are comfortable dealing with clients, communicating with contractors, and working on active construction sites.
You have a commitment to providing first-rate client service and technical excellence to deliver practical, creative solutions. You are a hard worker, have an inquisitive outlook, are eager to learn, and can be readily able to assume responsibility, work independently, and be a team player.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to careers[at]wadeconsulting.ca. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $50.00-$75.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6E 6A8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-09