Norcan is a complete hydraulic service and sales company established in 1974 and is now 8 branches throughout western Canada. We service customers in a variety of industries: Marine, Forestry, Mining, Material Handling, Original Equipment Manufacturing, Agriculture, and Production facilities. We are in a growing industry with a diverse set of skills and abilities that are critical in the operation of industrial and mobile equipment throughout the country.
We are currently adding to our team in Leduc. If you like to work smart and have a passion for both internal and external customer service we would like to hear from you.
The Shipper Receiver is focused on handling a broad range of incoming and outgoing parts and equipment as well as customer service, administrative, and support services in the Leduc Branch.
Shipping and Receiving
- Prepare all required paperwork: shipping documents, manifests and database entries
- Pick orders, coordinate and process outgoing product
- Prepare and load product in a timely manner so as to meet delivery deadlines and customer commitments
- Receive and authorize and check incoming shipments
- Re-Stock & distribute product to correct area in the Warehouse in a timely manner
- Initiate claims for damaged goods, shortages/overages or incorrect products received
- Drive to supplier’s location to pick-up parts when required
- Maintain a clean and safe work space, including the dock and stocking areas
- Operate forklift while adhering to all safety guidelines
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift parcels weighting up to 70 pounds
Qualifications and Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a similar Shipper Receiver role, ideally combined with a customer service focus
- Forklift driving experience and a valid Class 5 driving license
- Must be computer literate
- Mechanical aptitude and experience with hydraulics or parts department an asset
- Organized with an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast paced environment
Industrial Service Shop facility position which includes daily lifting (up to 70 lbs.) in the warehouse and some office/computer duties. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
This is a full-time permanent recruitment with a competitive compensation package including benefits.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities.
Please submit your resume via indeed.ca
While we thank all applicants for their interest we will only contact short listed candidates.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$27.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
All provincial guidelines are followed
Work Location: In person