Goh Ballet Academy is one of Canada's pre-eminent ballet training institutions, with an enviable international reputation for excellence. Established in 1978, the Academy is now under the direction of Chan Hon Goh, former Principal Dancer of The National Ballet of Canada. People are at the heart of our success. We are passionate about bringing great dance experiences to the widest possible audience; about giving the world’s best creative talent the stage it deserves; and about providing our people and partners with opportunities to realize their full potential.
As the Assistant Director of Operations, you will take ownership over the Company’s ongoing development of programs, curriculum, policies and procedures to enhance and optimize student experience under the direction of our Director. Starting more granular you will work to understand the operation from most positions.
As Assistant Director of Operations, you will quickly move to:
- Make recommendations then spear head the implementation of those approved recommendations to help to improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of Goh Ballet’s vision and mission.
- Provide actionable suggestion and assist the Director and Ownership with long-term planning and business development.
- Support Execute all HR duties such as overseeing the administration team including managing employment contracts, staff performance, and mentorship.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator to ensure promotions of initiatives and programs adhere to Academy standards.
- Stay informed of the Financials (budgeting, forecasting, banking) and provide regular updates to the Director on status including identification of risks as they arise.
- Act as key liaison for students, parents and/or volunteers with consistent reporting to Director on higher risk issues.
- Keep track of facility maintenance, assets, and help negotiate contracts.
- Monitor insurance contracts and ensure compliance with contracts.
- Ensure IT infrastructure is performing as needed and provide insight where able.
- Assist with fundraising initiatives including stakeholder relations with current and potential sponsors for all initiatives related to the Academy.
To Apply: In your application, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter expressing why you are the right person for this job and indicate your available start date as well as your salary expectations. Please email: [email protected] Subject Header: Application for Assistant Director of Operations. All applications will be reviewed and considered. We thank you for your interest in this position; however, we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Should you require any accommodation through the application process due to disability we will happily work with you to support your expression of interest in this role and will ensure all interested candidates are considered equally.
To all those that expressed interest, thank you for considering Goh Ballet Academy as your future employer. It is a very special place to work and we hope each of you finds the best career path that compliments your experience and interest.
Goh Ballet is committed to employment equity through a process which identifies and eliminates any discrimination in the organization’s employment procedures and policies. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who identify as LGBTQ2+, First Nations, Inuit & Métis, people of colour, and people with disabilities. The position will remain open until it is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$135,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5T 3C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person