Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
BDO Law LLP is looking for a Bilingual Legal Administrative Assistant to join the team and own the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to Partners and staff within the firm
- Assist with file management, including but not limited to file opening (conduct independence checks and legal conflict checks, attend to file openings, draft engagement letters, and attend to file closings) coordinate execution packages and signatures on closing, draft reporting letters, prepare closing books etc.
- Ensure all documents and deliverables are proofread and edited prior to being sent to clients
- Assist with monthly billing records, including but not limited to weekly docketing and billings and collections
- Client interaction to support information requests and follow-ups
- Assemble information and/or documentation as required based on the needs of the assigned team member
- Draft basic requests and communication for submission to tax authorities
- Prepare various reports as requested by the team
How do we define success for your role?
You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
You understand your clients' industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains, and attracts talent
You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
Your experience and education
You have a minimum of 5â
- ¯years of experience in administrative work. Prior experience in professional services is an asset
- You have excellent communication skills in both French and English
- You have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- You are comfortable working in a deadline-driven work setting and dealing with confidential information
- You demonstrate teamwork, professionalism, integrity, and a high degree of attention to detail
You have excellent organizational skills
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer , we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It's about creating work experiences that meet everyone's needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .