Job Title: General Assembler
Full-Time position on a month-to-month contract
About the Company
INOVA aspires to be THE land seismic technology company by developing reliable seismic instruments that enable geophysical service providers to efficiently design and execute complex seismic acquisition programs on behalf of our energy and production customers around the world.
We are a global organization with technical professionals who focus on innovation in land seismic product development to ensure our products remain on the cutting-edge of innovation, guided by the practical reality of what contractors require to reliably execute complex seismic programs in the most difficult operating environments. In addition, we manufacture these innovative seismic instruments with a strong commitment to quality and safety. Our global sales and service teams market our innovative products and concentrate on providing ‘Best in Class’ customer satisfaction.
Together, We Get the Job Done.
Purpose of the Job:
The General Assembler is responsible for the production of INOVA products through the assembly processes of various parts and subassemblies.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Review drawings, work instructions and materials to complete the given assignments
- Perform general assembly functions by using general hand tools, fixtures, and equipment with required level of efficiency
- Perform routine inspections of all parts and sub-assemblies for any imperfections prior to the assembly. Any quality issues must be brought to the immediate attention of the Team Leader or Supervisor
- Maintain clean work area and exercise good care in handling tools, supplies and materials
- Comply with all company policies, safety regulations, and quality standards
- Participate in departmental improvement activities and morning team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess solid mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to use simple hand tools and measuring devices
- Must have the basic knowledge of torque tool functions
- Thorough knowledge and high skill level in using Microsoft Office products
- Frequent/repetitive motions
- Must wear all required PPE as directed by the department supervisor, or Health & Safety Coordinator
- Manufacturing environment
- Sometimes subjected to loud noises
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the primary job responsibilities satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this job, but are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T3K 0S5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person