Definition:The qualifications section for this position was developed using the approved job evaluation plan, agreed to between the BCGEU and BCIT. The qualifications represent the minimum qualifications required in the future (i.e. to be reflected in job postings) and do not reflect the incumbent’s existing qualifications.
- Grade 12 plus completion of one year post-secondary education in business administration including courses in word processing, spreadsheets, accounting, and business communications.
Two years general experience plus two years relevant experience in a position of similar responsibility
Software/Computer Application(s) and Expertise:
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the intermediate level.
- Experience creating and using Excel spreadsheets, statistical and analytical tools, and the ability to translate a variety of data into meaningful information
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team and exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communications, and working with staff and clients in a professional manner
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and discretion
Administrative Skills (e.g. prioritizing, minute taking, wp speed, etc.):
- Proven ability to problem-solve, meet deadlines and handle changing priorities
- Ability to take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Keyboarding at 60 wpm.
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills