About the Company
Over the past 10 year’s Astro Excavating has grown to become the GTA’s leading high rise excavation company, successfully completing over 100 condominium projects in the GTA.
Occupational Health and Safety is a top priority and we have both our COR® and ISO 45001:2018 certifications. We started with only 1 piece of equipment in 2013 and now have a fleet of over 80 pieces of equipment and trucks. Astro Excavating has developed a reputation as the industry leader through our proven track record of completing many large scale, complex and challenging projects in record breaking durations. We take the utmost pride in the quality of our work and our passion for excellence.
The Health and Safety Coordinator will perform all the essential duties of a safety coordinator, and continually develop safety strategies that will reduce potential losses for the company, including the implementation and management of Astro Excavating’s current safety program and standards. They will further be expected to develop strategies to prevent, control and eliminate accidents and occupational injuries. This role will require daily inspection of Astro
Excavating construction sites around the Greater Toronto Area to ensure compliance with organization’s certification partners and government authorities.
- Drive to projects daily to complete formal safety inspections of jobsites and employees.
- Fully Investigate company incidents provide detailed reports designed to provide the root causes and corrective actions.
- Provide solutions and schedules and ensure compliance of inspections are completed.
- Provide audits to ensure maintenance of COR® and ISO 45001:2018 certifications, as recognized by the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Association (CFCSA)
- Develop and implement action plans, compliance records, recommendations and improvements to company’s current Health and Safety programs and protocols.
- Develop Hazard Controls including Safe Work Practices and Safe Job Procedures.
- Develop Job Safety analysis (JSA) and train workers to ensure compliance.
- Provide training to employees and ensure all training records are up to date.
- Communicate and engage with employees to ensure compliance with company
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction based health and safety.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- Class G license and the ability to travel between project sites with a company vehicle
- Ability to lead others
- Computer Proficiency
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 2023-09-30