Join our Team:
8am Solutions is a Startup in the Supply Chain Risk Management software space, and we are looking for a dedicated Back-end Developer to join our team to help shape the future of vendor management technology.
As a Front-end Developer, you will work win the product development team, which is responsible for building and maintaining our web-based SCRM platform. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team you will fit right in with hard working peers in a fun, agile environment.
At 8am Solutions we value hard-work and dedication to excellence, while ensuring that everyone has fun along the way. We nurture an inclusive, and progressive environment where employees are empowered to learn and grow along with the company.
What You will Do:
· Will be maintaining API infrastructure – Azure Functions, Python, MS API’s
· Collaborate with front end developers to integrate user -facing elements with server - side logic.
· Contribute to the design of new features and projects.
· Maintain documentation of code, development processes and best practice to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team.
· Keep abreast of emerging technologies, trends, and best practices to continuously improve your skills and contribute to the team’s growth.
· Identify requirements for new applications.
· Participate in code review and invite others to review your code.
· Liaise with external teams to decide on and build out application components.
What you Bring
· 1 – 2 years experience as a Back-End developer.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
· Proficiency with the Python programming language.
· Familiarity with Cosmos DB, Mongo DB and NoSql DB formats.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
· Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
· Familiarity with Azure Devops, Azure Cloud development is a plus.
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
· A strong technical background. Proven ability to troubleshoot technical problems
· Solid ability to communicate in the English language.
· Must be local to Calgary and expected to be in office around 3 days per week.
If you are interested in this position but aren’t sure if you hold all qualifications, we encourage you to apply regardless. Our focus is to attract and hire applicants who fit our company culture, who have a strong work ethic, curiosity to learn and commitment to grow with us.
8am Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We would like to thank all those that apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2P 0M2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Backend development: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB T2P 0M2
Expected start date: 2023-12-01