Why the WestJet Group:
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
Overview of the role:
The WestJet Group of Companies is currently looking to fill Direct Entry Captain positions within our Swoop (YHM and YYZ) division. Our pilots provide safe and efficient air travel across an expansive network creating a memorable travel experience for our guests while working among one of Canada’s most admired and respected corporate cultures.
Key deliverables include:
The ability to follow standard operating procedures: ensuring the safety of our crew and guests
Lead by example, demonstrating honesty and integrity
The ability to work within a dynamic team environment and communicate effectively
Flexible and adaptable to respond to the changing demands of the operation and business
Swoop Direct Entry Captain (737) minimum experience and qualifications:
- 5000 hours total time
- 2000 hours on Transport Category aircraft with 500 hours on Transport Category jet aircraft
- 1000 hours multi-crew experience
- Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
- Valid Transport Canada Instrument Rating
- Valid Transport Canada Category 1 Medical Certificate
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Current valid passport and Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport
- All required visas or travel documents allowing you to freely travel unrestricted
- Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) obtained prior to the completion of Initial Ground School
- Clear police background and criminal record check
- Offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test
- Oral and written proficiency in English
** Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements.
The benefits of working among the WestJet Group of Companies:
The WestJet Group of Companies provides a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
As a federally regulated company, the WestJet group of companies is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently-announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.