We are a Canadian owned company that specializes in high-efficiency environmentally friendly solutions to help homeowners to save energy, reduce costs and improve their home environment. Our Burnaby office is currently looking for an HVAC Technician (Gas Fitter) to join our team! You can help us with our goal to provide great service, build upon that success, and share that success with customers and employees alike. Our technicians have a broad scope of responsibilities, including quoting, customer coordination, managing job priorities, reporting, and technical work such as diagnosing, repairing, replacing, and maintaining. The technicians who find the most success in our organization are those that are self motivated and organized.
Role and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with customers by offering professional in-home energy evaluations, services and installations. Job responsibilities include the following:
- Complex evaluation and pressure diagnostic testing.
- Install residential energy efficient components including draft proofing measures.
- Complete all required documentation fully and legibly.
- Ensure all installations are in compliance with the program standards.
- Educate residents on improving and maintaining energy efficiency in their homes.
- Ensure proper communication regarding appointment scheduling, installations and customer information is provided to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Consistently act in a courteous, clean and respectful manner to customers and their homes.
- Stay current with and follow all company health and safety policies and procedures as well as WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Stay current with and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Attend program training sessions with clients and office teams.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Class B Gas Fitter.
- Possession of a valid BC Driver’s Licence, Clean Driver’s Abstract and a 3-year recent insurance claim is required.
- Ability to perform basic and advanced home energy efficient installations along with the removal and replacement of various household components such as showerheads, weather stripping, kitchen and bath aerators, LEDs, ventilation systems, insulation etc.
- Previous experience as an Advanced Energy Evaluator and/or TECA training will be an asset.
- Mechanically inclined and very handy.
- Punctual, reliable and have a can-do attitude.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform exceptional quality installations
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work daytime, weekday and/or weekend shifts.
- Ability to travel within BC; overnight and weekly travel required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal & external customers.
- Company vehicle provided
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity to earn commission
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a valid driver license?
Work Location: In person