Req ID: 162263
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Northern Zone, Aberdeen Hospital
Department: IMIT HIS Health Records ARH
Type of Employment: Casual Relief (3% FTE)
Status: CUPE Admin Professionals Position
Posting Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
Reporting to the Manager of Health Information Services, the Health Records Clerk will perform clerical procedures related to chart processing control. Specific duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Process inpatient admissions, day surgery and outpatient records ensuring that charts are received in the department in an appropriate time
- Prepare, scan and verify outpatient, inpatient and day surgery records to continuously create and support the Enterprise Medical Record (EMR) and the Electronic Health Record (EChart)
- Incumbent utilizes NShIS
- Maintain appropriate registers and distribute to appropriate agencies as required
- Maintain chart control procedures to ensure accurate chart retrieval/maintenance
- Maintain the accuracy of the Master Patient Index (MPI) in Meditech
- Provide excellent client service in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Maintain confidentiality of all communications, written and verbal
- Process all types of patient/client documentation
- Provide assistance to physicians as required for chart completion
- Receive and process telephone inquiries
- Receive and process circle of care requests
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
Grade 12 plus successful completion of a one year secretarial or business program, or 1 year recent clerical/secretarial experience required
- Medical Terminology course
- Proficient keyboarding skills with clear demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Products
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – a high degree of tact, judgment, and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, assess situations and seek resolution if possible, in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Ability to work in an area with frequent interruptions
- Experience with scanning and archiving process is an asset
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily tasks
- Incumbent may be required to pass a written skills test and interview process
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
Casual relief position
Schedule can consist of days, evenings and weekend shifts with the possibility of holiday shift coverage
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.