Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We are looking for a Cost Accountant with excellent organizational and analytical skills. The successful candidate should have meaningful exposure to cost accounting (using standard costs) in a manufacturing environment, have strong problem-solving skills, and work well with personnel at all levels in the organization. Candidates should also be confident, professional, and meticulous with a keen interest in the cost-efficient operations of the company.
- Work closely with the CFO and Controller to review the Company’s standard costs and establish a process to monitor manufacturing performance against standard costs.
- Maintain key cost accounting data in the Company’s ERP system including standard costs, run time, work center overhead rates and labor costs.
- Work closely with the CFO and Controller to ensure the accounting for manufacturing costs and inventory complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or ASPE for financial statements.
- Prepare product costing analysis for existing and new products to support pricing and financial analysis.
- Review Bill of Material Changes to ensure they are reasonable and consistent with plant management requests.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare and review regular reports comparing standard cost to actual costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services. Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Ad hoc requests from the CFO to support financial analysis, financial statement preparation and forecasting of financial results.
- Oversees the conduct of physical inventory counts and monitor the cycle count program. Works closely with the Director of Warehousing and Controller to understand the reasons for inventory adjustments.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field (essential).
- Certified public accountant (CPA) license (preferred).
- 2 years of Cost Accounting or financial analysis work experience (essential).
- Previous exposure to a standard costing environment using ERP software
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, and IT skills (Advanced Excel User).
- Has integrity with an ability to handle confidential information.
- Full-time permanent position, Monday – Friday. Additional hours will be required to complete key deliverables and during annual planning as needed.
- Work in an office environment primarily, with visits to plants as needed.
WHY WORK WITH US ?
- Annual incentive plan
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Company Events
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care/ Dental Care/Extended Health Care on completion of Probation
Click the “Apply Now” button at the top of this posting to apply for this role and include a resume.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6A 1H5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person