Pacline was founded in 1979 to supply overhead material handling solutions. Since then, Pacline has relied on the creativity and teamwork of our staff members to expand into new markets with new products and solutions to new and long-term customers. We use a value-engineered approach and our well-established industry reputation to ensure our customers receive solutions that meet their needs and come in on-time and on-budget. In June 2017, we relocated to a larger facility in Mississauga to secure more space for office staff as well as expand in-house manufacturing. We practice lean manufacturing to help us work more efficiently and reduce waste in our processes.
Position: Machine Operator/Fabricator
We are seeking an enthusiastic machine operator/fabricator looking to apply their skills in an industrial shop setting. The successful candidate may shadow an intermediate or senior fabricator for a short period to learn our equipment and fabrication processes.
Our shop works 44 hours a week with overtime possible on weekends.
- Use Rolling machine to bend tubing, angles, flat bars
- Use plasma machine to make custom slots
- Setup parts using custom jigs and fixtures
- Assist in cutting, ironworking, welding standard parts
- Execute general shop fabrication activities
- Follow work orders and drawing specifications
- Fabricate and prototype custom parts with guidance of seniors or shop supervisor
- Learn to setup or build custom jigs for custom orders
- Follow quality control standards in the shop
- Follow health and safety procedures and best practices
- Maintain shop and equipment in a clean and orderly manner on a daily basis
- Provide continuous improvement ideas and support lean initiatives
- Proficient in using rolling machines, plasma cutting, horizontal saw, ironworkers, drill presses, and pedestal grinders
- Ability to work with work with HSS squares, tubes, angles, round bars, flat bars etc.
- Familiar with general shop machinery and power tools
- Familiar in Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Basic knowledge of engineering drawings and third angle projection
- Forklift and crane certification would be a plus
- Able to work independently and assist others to achieve common goal
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter, willingness to learn
- Valid driver’s license
- Health Benefits Plan.
- Profit Sharing Plan
- RRSP contribution matching plan.
- Positive work environment.
- Social committee & monthly events.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Industrial equipment: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person