Our client located near Riviere Du Loup, Quebechas immediate openings for a Power Engineers - 1st-3rd Class vacancies.
Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Coordination of activities in all departments within Steam and Recovery to achieve maximum production while meeting safety, environment, quality and cost objectives. Ensure compliance with Corporate Principles & Guidelines and applicable legislation.
- Direct the work of the plant personnel to ensure continuous and safe operation, maintenance and installation of equipment in the plant in compliance with Company and Government Regulations.
- Maintain a level of environmental awareness that ensures that all environmental issues in steam and associated equipment are addressed in accordance with the standards of the province.
- Initiate team concepts in the department and utilize all of the people’s abilities and skills to the maximum while maintaining a highly motivated work force.
- Prioritize technical projects in the department and continually challenge you team.
- Provide ongoing technical and professional development for the members of your team.
- Ensure that the lines of communication with maintenance, production and other departments remain open and active to ensure that work is being done in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the tracking, optimizing and managing variable costs in your department.
- Continual awareness of all personnel problems in your department to ensure action is proactive.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the fire protection system.
- Keeps mill Manager informed of plans, deviation from plans, safety and loss incidents and statistics.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Knowledge of Government and other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Preventive Maintenance Systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Supplemental pay types:
- power engineer: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person