Our client is seeking a Project Coordinator to assist with Building Condition Assessments and Reserve Fund Studies across a range of residential and commercial buildings in the GTA. This is an opportunity to join a growing team that will provide training and development to move you into project management and client engagement.
- Assist Project Manager(s) with Building Condition Assessments (BCAs) on a diverse range of new and existing buildings across several market sectors.
- Contribute to the preparation of thorough, accurate and concise reports, including detailed cost estimates based on real-world data.
- Assist with project administration including calling clients and site contacts to coordinate reviews and document retrieval.
- Contribute to the preparation of condominium Reserve Fund Studies (RFS), allowing owners to plan for the repair and renewal of major building systems.
Experience and Education:
- 2+ years of experience in building sciences, engineering or architecture, focusing on Building Condition Assessments or Reserve Fund Study planning;
- College or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science, Diploma in Architectural / Engineering Technology or a construction-related discipline;
- Mechanical / Electrical Inspection experience is an asset;
- An excellent communicator, with strong verbal, written and presentation skills in the English language;
- In-depth knowledge of building materials and constructions processes for construction and/or repairs building envelopes;
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook); and
- Possess a valid G-class driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON L3R 0E4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of Building Condition Assessment experience do you have?
- Project management: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-12
Expected start date: 2023-06-26