Thank you so much for considering our company in your career search! Classic Fire + Life Safety is a leader in the fire protection and life safety industry because of our talented, knowledgeable, and motivated staff. We know that it is our people who make the difference, and we are looking to grow our team of passionate professionals. Interested in joining us?
Our goal is to partner with our customers, to ensure their building, and the people in them are safe, from new building construction activities, modernization activities, and demand for system upgrades, through to preventative maintenance and service.
- CFLS is a caring company who values our staff.
- CFLS is local and is part of the community.
- CFLS is a full-service fire protection contractor.
Health and Safety Coordinator is a motivated, organized, and knowledgeable individual willing to contribute his/her experience and expertise in the area of coordinating projects. Health and Safety Coordinator is a team player and essential in the success of installation project.
In this challenging and rewarding role you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Assist in OHSA record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Assists staff to understand OHSA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling regulatory compliance, inspections, and enforcement activities.
- Assists staff to implement and adhere to company health & safety program and policy.
- Assist in investigating injuries, which occur at company facilities and job sites, in conjunction with appropriate members of management.
- Assist in evaluating hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- Assist in compiling CFLS’s health & safety statistics.
- Assist in the development of company specific safe work practices and safe work procedures.
- Maintain accurate records to ensure compliance with health and safety laws and regulations.
- Assists in evaluating new equipment and materials brought into the facility.
- Performs surveys and inspections to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies, procedures, regulations, and standards related to employee and facility safety.
- Assist in the coordination of site’s emergency planning and response process.
- Participate in project specific health and safety program including site audits, safety talks, observations, and documenting preventative actions
- Travel to job sites and branch locations to perform site audits, risk assessments and prepare safe job procedures. (may require overnight stay)
- Health and Safety experience in the Construction Industry
- Knowledge of applicable Health and Safety laws
- Willing to work in Windsor as required for this position.
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline (an asset)
- Previous knowledge and working experience in Procore for project management tasks (an asset)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written a must
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Experience working with Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license.
- Working At Heights (use of ladder, Aerial Work Platform)
- Driving (city and highway)
- Noise, light and elements exposure
- Bending / Stooping
- Lifting (1 to 40 lbs)
- Carrying (1 to 40 lbs)
Why Choose Classic Fire + Life Safety?
We focus on delivering world class service by:
- Providing a safe environment for our clients’ businesses to grow
- Investing in state-of-the-art field technology and inspection tools
- Distributing industry leading fire protection and security systems
If you pride yourself on being a team player and forging trust with your colleagues and customers, we are eager to hear from you!
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates who meet the above qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Classic Fire + Life Safety Inc, is an equal opportunity employer. At CFLS, we recognize the value of fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization and are committed to eliminating barriers faced by members of equity-seeking groups. Our DEI vision is to build an organization where everyone has access to the same opportunities, experience equitable outcomes, and can thrive and reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Driver's License (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2022-04-18