Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Journeyman/woman Millwright will be responsible for supporting the Maintenance team with the safe completion of maintenance and repair related activities for the production facility.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support in the form of troubleshooting, start-up, diagnostics, repairs, adjustment, modification, assembly and calibration of equipment according to specifications, manuals, and drawings instructions.
- Execute specific equipment maintenance for each asset involved with containing, controlling or safeguarding a high hazard process to ensure the ongoing mechanical, electrical and structural integrity of plant equipment.
- Perform service and repairs in a timely and professional manner
- Perform routine maintenance on industrial-grade manufacturing equipment
- Complete risk analysis of new designs and processes and maintain the mechanical and electrical integrity of new installations and existing systems.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and plumbing systems
- Good general knowledge of mechanical diagnosis, electrical systems and repair
- Ensure that daily records are kept and maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma is a must
- Red Seal License is mandatory
- Experience in working with pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Experience in welding and fabricating
- Competent with power tools (Drills, grinders, reciprocating saws, etc.)
- Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical functionality
- Forklift driving experience an asset but not mandatory
- Experience in maintenance in a manufacturing / food production plant is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Delta, BC V4G 1A3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person