Are you passionate about working with customers, building relationships, and being part of a growing business? Then we would love to have you join our Canadian Segment Contact Center as a Bilingual Customer Service Representative!
With the customer being the main focus, this role will take a proactive approach to every customer interaction, to ensure a high-quality Manulife experience. This role is primarily accountable for handling, resolving, and communicating service requests from Canadian clients.
Covering a comprehensive suite of products, tools and services, this role uses multiple systems, platforms and methods as outlined within the department training plan to meet service level standards. The role also has responsibility for Customer Protection around Personally Identifiable Information and risk mitigation including Account Take Over and Fraud. All clients are Canada based and service is provided over the phone and by email.
- Accurately and thoroughly handle increasingly complex client service requests at initial point of contact
- Effectively use multiple administrative systems to resolve inquiries, within the defined service standards
- Take a proactive role in identifying and reporting areas of continuing client concern (trends) and make recommendations to help develop and implement strategies to resolve the issues to improve the service experience.
- Recommend client centered resolutions to issues and identify and initiate exceptions within guidelines
- Find opportunities and make recommendations to improve operational processes and practices.
- Responsible for contributing to a strong collaborative team and building customer working relationships while providing excellent customer service.
- Keep current with company policies, procedures, and processes.
- Meet expectations relative to Productivity (AHT, Aux Usage, Reliability, Adherence, CX Contribution, etc.), Accuracy (QA, Compliance, etc.) and Service Excellence (tNPS).
How will you create impact?
Provide an amazing customer experience on incoming calls, which builds lasting client relations, become an expert on our products, services, systems with our in-house training, serve as a liaison between customers and other teams to ensure responsiveness and quality customer service, participate in various process improvement activities and departmental/divisional initiatives, strive in an environment with set timelines (shift work, breaks, lengths of calls, etc.) and constructive feedback.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
What we are looking for
- Must be fully and fluently Bilingual (French/English), in both verbal and written proficiency
- Previous experience in a contact center environment would be considered a tremendous asset, however, not required
- You excel in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment while exhibiting a calm and professional manner
- You have outstanding technical capabilities, research skills and your attention to detail is always a priority
- You are confident in your ability to learn and apply information quickly
- Knowledge of financial services would also be an asset
What can we offer you?
- A competitive wage and benefits packages.
- Paid Training starting on Day 1 in an environment with practical hands-on training along with your colleagues.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Rotating work schedule a week at a time to accommodate customer calls from other time zones will be required (rotating start times between the hours of operation 8:00am - 8:00pm EST Monday - Friday). The Customer Service client base is Canada-wide. Flexibility is needed as client demand changes.
Our commitment to you
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Secondary School (required)
- Call center: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- English (required)
- French (required)
Work Location: Remote