The Key Account Manager is responsible for managing, retaining, and growing a portfolio of Arcus Home Décor Inc customers within North America. The Key Account Manager will demonstrate an understanding of the Home Décor & Gaming Furniture Industry and will be responsible for driving engagement and adoption through all stages of the sales cycle and replenishment process. This role will represent a range of company brands and products in mass retailers.
Responsibilities for this role:
- New Business Development and leading strategic growth programs with current customers. (e.g., Best Buy, Staples, Canada Computers, The Source)
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key customers and our company
- Negotiating contracts with new and existing customers and establishing a timeline of performance.
- Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company and external budgets with customers.
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiative to share with team
members and stakeholders.
- Expanding relationships while bringing in new customers.
- Increase sales growth, expand products/listings, and market penetration while improving margins.
- Develop an annual business plan in collaboration with the Director of Sales that will be modified and/or
updated on a quarterly basis. The plan will include clear, concise plans and strategies to meet annual
- Effectively communicate on competitive issues, buyers’ issues, and status of orders, etc.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 4-5 years’ experience of increasing levels of sales and supervisory responsibility in the consumer
products industry (CPG), plus a bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study.
- 2-3 years’ experience working directly with mass retailers, furniture retailers and designers/contactors.
- A high in-depth knowledge of consumer products industry and an understanding on executing
customer sales, order management, logistics and retail sales coverage.
- Ideally, this same high in-depth knowledge and experience of internal functions (i.e., Sales Resources,
Business Planning, Marketing and Customer Service).
- Strong analytics capability including a high level of excel.
- Knowledge/ease to leverage industry and partner tools such as Home Depot AIM, Best Buy Vendor
Portal, Walmart Retail Link.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of data to relevant, actionable, insights, and recommendations.
- This position requires a winning positive attitude from a competent and competitive individual who can
work independently and within a team.
- The position requires you to work in Toronto with some work travel in a fast-changing, high-pace, fun
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $65,000-$75,000 per year
- A competitive compensation package.
- Extended Health Care A competitive compensation package
- Growth opportunities for career advancement
- Friendly and welcoming company culture
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
Supplemental pay types:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- National Retailers: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person