As part of Kruger Publication Papers division, Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is a quality leader in the manufacture of newsprint,and holds the Sustainable Forest Initiative Certification as well as being self-sufficient on energy between Deer Lake Power Generation, Steam Power and Steam Recovery. We aim to be fully reliant on clean energy. This position is located in Corner Brook, NL
The EI Superintendent is accountable for safe execution and planning of maintenance activities for the electrical department at the Corner Brook Pulp and Paper site.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Leading the electrical department on journey to zero harm by utilizing behavioural based safety (BBS) programs to help change unsafe behaviours.
- Executing asset management policies and practices.
- Minimizing maintenance cost while maximizing the safety, performance and reliability of the assets
- Supporting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the Department. Developing and being accountable to the electrical maintenance budget.
- Working with functional leaders and operating superintendents to develop, execute and improve on asset management plans.
- Developing processes and building capability within the department to ensure the safety, adequacy and reliability of electrical systems.
- Troubleshooting and conducting root cause analysis of plant process control equipment and power distribution systems.
- Fulfilling on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis with other EI Department staff.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives around electrical and instrumentation equipment uptime and reliability.
This position will be located in Corner Brook, NL.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate must have:
- Electrical Engineer with 5-10 years of experience in a maintenance or manufacturing environment.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCSs), instrumentation (pneumatic control systems, etc. and AC/DC variable speed drives, power distribution systems and process controls used in the pulp and paper industry is a good asset.
- Possess a good safety record.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal,
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient use of computers including Microsoft Suite, CMMS and typing
- Electrical Safety Program experience
Why work at Kruger?
At Kruger, we believe in giving our employees the space to grow, within a dynamic and stimulating environment, nurturing their development, encouraging their involvement, and enriching their professional lives. It’s no wonder many of our employees have been with us for a long time.
- Fourth-generation company
- Founded in 1904
- Leader in pulp and paper industry
- 5,000 employees
- 10 activity sectors
- 19 manufacturing sites across North America
- Strong corporate responsibility: Environmental stewardship,
- Health & Safety highest standards, Community engagement
- Family spirit
- Customer Focus
Interested candidates can apply online through the Careers Section of www.kruger.com.
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper is committed to providing equal treatment and opportunity to all individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.