Production Planning Coordinator
Our company: Kalesnikoff Mass Timber
As an independent, family owned and operated company, Kalesnikoff thinks in terms of generations, not quarters. We recognize that people are our most valuable resource. As we continue to grow our fully-integrated mass timber and sawmill company, we’re searching for individuals who enjoy a hands-on approach to work tasks and thrive in a team-based environment.
At Kalesnikoff, working safely is an expectation. In your role you will have the time and resources needed to meet that expectation.
Mass Timber career opportunity:
Kalesnikoff’s new state-of-the-art mass timber production facility is the most-advanced, fully integrated, multi-species mass timber facility in North America, producing exceptionally high-quality cross-laminated timber and glulam beams. Mass timber is poised to transform building design and wood innovation here in North America as it has in Europe, and we’re thrilled to play a role in this evolution. We are hiring experienced, skilled and passionate team members to support our growing operations.
Production Planning Coordinator role and objective:
The Production Planning Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the company’s participation in mass timber construction projects across North America, delivering advanced solutions and products for North American and international mass timber projects from initial schematic design through to installation.
- Support the planning, implementation and execution of project production from beginning to end.
- Maintain project schedules in conjunction with our clients and production team to achieve all project milestones.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an accurate project and plant scheduling model.
- Produce approval documents for customers.
- Produce and issue production documentation used to manage workflow and ensure accurate results.
- Arrange panel and beam combinations (nesting) for production in Cadwork/ Scheduling Spreadsheets.
- Create production-ready documents including:
- Production Schedules
- Finishing schedules for packaging and finishing,
- CSV files for machine data upload
- Review shop drawings and prepare fabrication files
- Develop appropriate bill of materials for within ERP system
- Maintain saleable goods inventory
- Track and compile production data for QC and continuous improvement purposes
- Track costing and capacity at various work centres.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in construction, engineering, wood processing or related field preferred.
- Experience in mass timber or other prefabricated construction technologies considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer focus.
- Proficient in applicable software (i.e. CadWorks, Revit, MS Office, Excel, Power BI) considered an asset
- Proficient in Excel including familiarity with VLOOKUP & SUMIF functions as well as general understanding of SQL Queries and VBA
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial attitude
Contact information/ how to apply:
The Production Planning Coordinator is a salaried position and will be an integral part of our team. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Careers. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Yesterday and today:
For over 80 years and four generations, our team has been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. We began as a horse-logging operation in 1939 and have grown to become North America’s most-advanced, vertically-integrated, multi-species mass timber facility and one of the best-managed, high-technology mills in the province. From seedlings to solutions, we see our products through the entire process – from forest management, log optimization, specialty drying and finishing, custom designing and mass timber manufacturing to customer delivery.
About our Kootenay home:
Are the mountains calling you? From beautiful parks and forests, pristine lakes, breathtaking valleys and stunning mountain ranges, the West Kootenay region is a highly desired and special place to call home. With an abundance of recreation including ski areas, golf courses, hot springs, and endless hiking, biking and other outdoor activities, the Kootenays isn’t just a region, it’s a lifestyle. Our vibrant mountain towns are full of arts, culture, food, history and caring communities. What are you doing after work today? Visit www.kalesnikoff.com.
Equal opportunity commitment:
Kalesnikoff is a committed equal opportunity employer. Kalesnikoff’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job-related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Kalesnikoff prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
Kalesnikoff is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Kalesnikoff believes in integration and equal opportunity. Kalesnikoff is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nelson, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Can you work Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday?
- Do you have production planning experience?
- Do you have woodworking experience?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (required)
- software experience Revit, Cadworks, Excel, MS Office (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-29