Requisition ID: 1117
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field, but we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are a part of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM), the Quality Assurance Coordinator assists in all aspects of the ISO9001/AS9100 internal audit program to review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the quality management system by monitoring adherence to contractual requirements, applicable specifications, quality procedures, work instructions and aircraft closeouts.
- Monitor Quality Management System documentation and draft updates as directed;
- Conduct audits, write detailed reports and provide out briefs;
- Initiate corrective actions, assess response plan and root cause analysis and conduct follow-up verifications;
- Perform necessary audit follow-up which includes communicating with auditee on status of action resolution;
- Conduct product compliance reviews including documentation;
- Carry out aircraft quality product conformance and verifications, writing reports and initiating appropriate action;
- Participate in technical investigations, assess/evaluate results and provide recommendations;
- Process Material Rejections/Non-Conformances acting upon results;
- Extract computer data as required for statistical reports, assess/evaluate results and provide recommendations;
- Interpret specifications, standards and drawings applying to aircraft repairs, component R&O and material manufacture;
- Participate in Flight/General Safety and 8S surveys;
- Liaise with IMP departments and external customers on quality matters;
- Draft reports, correspondence, maintain records and files;
- Assist in the preparation of Quality plans and Requests for Proposal
- Participate in and support the Quality Dept training program; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Formal training in Quality Assurance/Quality Control Program or equivalent experience.
- High School Graduate
- 5 years in Aerospace R&O or Manufacturing
- 3 years in a QA/QC environment
- Experience with Transport Canada CARs an asset
- Experience with SMS or Flight Safety program an asset
- Experience in the application of ISO9001 or AS9100 Quality Management standards.
- Conversant with Aerospace terminology and Quality System Procedures.
- Must possess the ability to write detailed reports.
- Computer skills must include good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with SharePoint, Adobe LiveCycle Workspace, SABA and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an asset.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean 8S activities in your area.
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Holiday Incentive program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.