Director of Sales
About the company
LED Roadway Lighting (LRL) is a developer of connected smart city technology applications that create safe, efficient, livable cities which the company markets under the Liveable Cities brand. LRL’s smart city IoT products leverage the street light location to deploy advanced speed, air quality, traffic, and noise sensors, revealing actionable insights for communities around the world as they work towards creating the smart cities of the future. For further information, please visit our website www.liveablecities.com
About the position
LED Roadway Lighting Limited is seeking the best and brightest to join our growing team of professionals at our Halifax, Nova Scotia headquarters location. We are currently seeking an individual to join the Sales department to develop smart city sensor, camera or streetlighting project goals and sales targets for a global customer base. Candidates should be comfortable with technical presentations to engage and inspire customers and able to report on sales efforts to management.
- Direct and manage Sales, Representatives, and Account Managers to achieve sales volume and growth
- Building and maintain customer relationships which include Municipalities, Utilities, Government Departments and other Commercial/Industrial markets
- Develop lighting, lighting control or IoT smart city sensor/camera solutions and proposals to meet long-term and short-term customer needs, budget, and objectives
- Deliver detailed presentations explaining technology, proposal benefits and analyzing their effects upon implementation
- Develop and communicate revenue targets to management, and individual sales goals to the sales team
- Document sales and project activities using corporate CRM tools and processes
- Develop and implement strategic plans for actualizing sales targets
- Monitor trends in competitive pressures and business drivers from different markets
- Establish daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly targets to act as a guideline that enables measurement of individual and team performance
- 7+ years sales experience - preferably working in an associated industry such as IoT-networked Sensors and/or Lighting Industry
- University Degree – Business, Engineering, or IT
- Customer-related Skills - Relationship development skills, Customer Service, able to speak clearly on complex technical matters, Negotiation
- A strong sales background with a proven and successful track record with municipalities, utilities, and government department procurement
- Travel is a job requirement – Background Check, Passport and Drivers License are all required (Note to non-Canadian Citizens who are authorized to work in Canada - Passport/Residency discussion will need to be reviewed during the job interview process)
- Written and oral communication skills in English is essential to this role.
- French and/or Spanish are considered an asset for this role. Additional language skills are also considered an asset. Please mention which language(s) in your cover letter, and classify your proficiency level for reading, writing, and speaking for each language.
- General information technology literacy/competency will be required to work with customer relationship management software and other programs to deliver customer solutions, capture sales activities and report on progress and goals
- Energetic team player with a high degree of initiative and innovation, able to work independently with minimal supervision, while handling multiple tasks, limited information and changing priorities
Supervisor: Jeff Libis - Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Base Salary Range: $ 80,000 - $100,000
Additional Bonus Sales Incentive Plan is built around annual targets (up to 30%).
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, unfortunately we cannot consider your application at this time.
Anyone applying through Indeed need not apply through other means (i.e. emailing contacts within the company). Applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
All applications are appreciated; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please - No Agencies Calls!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- sales: 7 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road