Rimkus (www.rimkus.com) is a worldwide leader in Engineering and Technical Consulting. With our global workforce, we have experienced organic growth of 8-12% each year. Rimkus experts specialize in building envelope, structural engineering, MEP services, forensic consulting, dispute resolution, construction management services, solutions built for the environment, and help develop better products and processes for the consumer, industrial, and healthcare industries. NOW IS THE TIME to join this growing and stable company.
Benefits provided which include Life Insurance, Extended Health Care which consist of: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, as well as some other great perks such as: RRSP/DPSP Programs, paid days off, a referral bonus, as well as a gym membership to GoodLife Fitness. Our company welcomes upskilling and celebrates continuous education in various professional fields. We look forward to meeting with you!
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Structural Engineer based in our Ottawa location.
This is a senior position, responsible for the completion of structural engineering design, investigation and management of multiple projects of varying scope and complexity.
In return for your talent and effort, Rimkus offers a dynamic organization with a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible work schedule and opportunities for advancement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete structural reviews of existing buildings/structures
- Complete written condition/evaluation reports
- Completion of engineering design assignments and management of projects of various scope and complexity
- Completion of complex engineering design projects in conjunction with senior Engineers
- Use of a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems
- Office review of structural engineering shop drawings and calculations
- Field review of structural related construction (e.g. reinforcing steel)
- Application of design software for structural design in conjunction with senior Engineers
- Recommend technological improvements to the department
- Assist other engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data an adherence to prescribed testing analysis, design or computation methods
- Providing guidance and direction to junior and student engineers or technicians
- Client interfacing, as required
- Project management and coordination duties
- Other assigned duties and tasks, as required
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with P.Eng designation
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a consulting engineering environment managing structural restoration projects
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to provide leadership to junior engineers/technicians
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to act with business integrity and professionalism
How to Apply:
At Rimkus, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports and celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences of all employees. If you share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity and are excited about joining a welcoming and supportive team, we encourage you to apply for our open positions. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- structural engineering: 8 years (preferred)
- Professional Engineer (preferred)
Work Location: In person