GKD Industries Ltd. is a Calgary based ISO 9001:2015 certified company providing products and machining services focused on well stimulation, wireline and flow control equipment for the oil and gas industry.
We are currently seeking senior CNC Machinists for both our day and afternoon shifts. The day shift typically operates Monday to Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm and the afternoon shift typically operates Monday to Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm. Overtime and Saturday is also available.
You must have at least 10 years set up experience on Okuma CNC lathes. Understanding of programmable steady rests, tailstocks and live tooling is an asset. Extensive metrology background and experience with machinability of different materials including corrosion resistant alloys is also required.
We offer a professional and respectful atmosphere with a clean, well-ventilated shop that prides itself on the quality of its work and the safety of its workers. You will be working with modern and well-maintained equipment with complete tooling.
Typical work includes:
- Extensive machining of alloy and super alloy steels
- Performing complex machine setups in production work and one-off scenarios
- Expert level program editing and prove out
- Part inspection using micrometers, calipers, indicators, and other measuring equipment
- Performing maintenance requirements on machines, maintaining work area and equipment.
- Selecting tools which maximize efficiently on machined components
- Oilfield threading, internal and external
- Using computerized job management system
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$38.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Okuma CNC Lathe: 10 years (required)
- Journeyman Certification (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person