The Maintenance Power Engineer performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from but not limited to safety improvements, trouble shooting, maintenance, modification, repair, and projects in the trades of millwrighting, welding, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, pressurized air systems & steam boilers on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Quality
- Time Management
- Result Focus
- Customer Focus
- Responsible for working Safely and following all applicable WorkSafeBC, GPM and SAF related regulations & complying with company policies
- Carries out preventive maintenance / repairs on all building and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc. under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman or the Production Supervisor
- Responds to emergency calls and carries out break down repairs as required.
- Reports major incidents (that causes a serious machine downtime or when extra help is required) to Maintenance Supervisor or Foreman
- Works jointly with the Production Lead-hands and Supervisors and other company staff on operating and troubleshooting problems with production equipment
- Assists in the Root Cause Analysis process to determine immediate cause and help develop sustaining counter-measure
- Maintains a wide variety of power tools in good / safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by WorkSafeBC Regulation
- Assists in the design, fabrication and installation of new production equipment
- Assists in the re-engineering of existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvement and/or safety objectives are met
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- Inputs into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail
- Performs other duties or undertake projects as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Liaisons with contractors & suppliers on projects & initiatives as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman, Maintenance Manager and Plant Manager.
- Performs boiler routine inspections and duties; reports diligently to the Chief Engineer.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promotes and follows all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Frequent ladder climbing and kneeling down to repair machinery
- Exposure to loud noises and required to wear various personal protective equipment while working
- Required Licensed Power Engineer in good standing
- Additional Tickets such as gas ticket (Level A/ Level B), welding ticket (TIG/ MIG), millwright certificate will be considered extra assets.
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential.
- Able to work indoor and outdoor in all weather conditions
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, boom-lifts, scissor lifts Etc.
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week) position.
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.