Blumara Corp. is a Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Services company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We provide a range of design, engineering, and project management services for the Naval and Commercial Marine sectors. Blumara has been involved in a number of vessel design and build projects ranging from small commercial boats to large warships and beyond. We are seeking an Intermediate Engineer to assist with our current and upcoming projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support for vessel design and analysis activities,
- Perform structural, electrical and/or mechanical design and engineering analysis tasks for new build and vessel modifications,
- Manage integration of equipment and systems on vessels.
- Supervise others work and perform quality control checks on project deliverables
- Provide general support to other Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering activities,
- Keep abreast of marine industry development, standards, regulations, and codes,
- Represent Blumara at industry events, conferences and meetings as necessary,
- Contribute to a productive work environment based on mutual trust and respect while carrying out all work in a safe and effective manner.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Naval Architecture or other relevant subject,
- Registered PEng,
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Rhino (or other 3D modeling software),
- Experience in the design and analysis of ship structures and/or electrical/mechanical systems,
- Experience of Naval Platforms and working on DND projects,
- Experience of integrating equipment and systems onto vessel platforms,
- Experience of Classification Society Rules and Transport Canada Regulations,
- Project management skills,
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills,
- Ability to work independently,
- Ability to be a team player,
- Experience in working with collaborators, contractors and consultants.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain the relevant Canadian Security Clearances before commencing employment with Blumara Corp.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Halifax, NS B3J 3M8