CAPITAL PAVING INC.
Quality Construction By Quality People.
Job Title: Traffic Control Foreperson
Capital Paving is looking to hire a Traffic Control Foreperson to join our team for the 2023 construction season. If you enjoy a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a team, then we would like to connect with you.
Location: 4459 Concession 7, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Date Posted: June 1, 2023
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023
Start Date: June 19, 2023 (Construction Season)
Reporting To: Construction Project Managers, Project Supervisors
Indirect Report: Senior Construction Operations Team
A traffic control foreman is a supervisory position responsible for managing and coordinating traffic control operations at construction sites, roadworks, or other areas where traffic needs to be controlled for safety reasons. The primary role of a traffic control foreman is to ensure the safe and efficient movement of vehicles, pedestrians, and workers in and around the work area. You will be required to assist in the planning, scheduling, and execution of medium to large road construction operations as they relate to project-specific construction schedules and budgets.
The ideal candidate is experienced in Construction operations, High volume traffic construction sites, Ontario Book 7 Traffic Conditions, . They will possess both excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can manage people, and work well independently and as part of a team. MTO, and Municipal Reconstruction experience would be considered assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- The foreman oversees the setup and installation of traffic control devices such as signs, cones, barricades, temporary signals, and flagging operations. They ensure that these devices are placed correctly and clearly visible to motorists and pedestrians.
- Responsible for maintaining and training staff on proper usage of tools and equipment provided to complete construction tasks. Perform the set up and take down of roadway lane closures.
- Completing and submitting project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, toolbox talks, job hazard assessments, etc.) Securely load and unload traffic control equipment and signage delivering to job sites.
- The foreman manages the flow of traffic in and around the work zone. They coordinate with flaggers, traffic controllers, and other workers to maintain a smooth traffic flow and minimize disruptions. They may also communicate with local law enforcement or traffic management agencies to coordinate road closures or detours if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Supervisors and Project Managers.
- The foreman leads a team of traffic control personnel, providing guidance, instructions, and supervision. They assign tasks, monitor performance, and provide training to ensure that all workers understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Possess extensive traffic control conditions, road building and construction knowledge, including previous experience as a Foreperson.
- The foreman maintains accurate records of traffic control activities, including daily logs, incident reports, and equipment inventory.
- Strong organizational, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and positive crew motivator.
- Strong understanding and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act on site.
- Extensive Knowledge of OTM Book 7 is required. Additional training can be arranged for successful candidates.
- Freeway/400 series traffic control experience would be a strong asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, nights, etc.
- Valid Class DZ Drivers License with a clean abstract
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Apply by sending a resume to [email protected]
Ensure the position you are applying for is listed in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$32.75 per hour
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have Freeway/400 series traffic control experience?
- construction: 4 years (required)
- Traffic Control Experience Book 7 Temporary Conditions: 3 years (required)
- TCP Certification (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person