We're Multimatic, a world class Canadian automotive systems provider. Our success has been fueled by a team of highly skilled, passionate individuals wanting to make a difference. With a global presence that includes facilities in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Germany and Japan there is always room on our growing team for individuals who share our dedication to technical excellence and quality. Those ideas have made Multimatic the benchmark supplier of advanced components, systems and services to the automotive, aerospace and consumer product industry.
Multimatic Inmet is currently recruiting for Press Operators who will be responsible producing quality stamped parts while maintaining a clean and safe working environment. These positions will be on the night shift
- Operates progressive, transfer press and a blank loaded feeder.
- Operates the overhead crane for tool changes and blank loading.
- Do complete die changes via the established method
- Must carry out quality control inspections on all stamped parts produced as per QC instructions
- Record all findings of inspections on inspection records form
- Record steel tags and lot numbers on inspection records form
- Tag each container with a bar code label with Part No. Lot No. Quantity.
- Complete production reports and last off reports
- Change to other machines or jobs as requested by Manager or Supervisor.
- Assist in packing when needed
- Separate line accumulation defects (between Vendor and/or Press Shop Defects). Tag as per DMN
- Change lot code numbers (daily).
- Fill reservoir with draw cooling oil.
- Ensures presses, feeders and working areas are kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Perform any other reasonable assignment given by the supervision or management
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Work in compliance with IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards
- Work in compliance with all legislative requirements of OHSA
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating stamping presses would be an asset
- Related experience in an automotive manufacturing or similar manufacturing environment is a plus
- The ability to safely operate any and all equipment as necessary
- The ability to work as part of a team or on single operations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Ability to communicate well in English (written and oral)
- Must be flexible with working hours
- Training to be provided to successful candidate
- Positions are currently available on the Night Shift (10:30PM-6:40AM)
Multimatic Inmet offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.37-$28.33 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Masks are optional within the facility. Additional cleaning and distancing measures have been implemented
Work Location: In person