Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Sr. Project Engineer, Northwestern Ontario Sawmills. This job is permanent, full-time.
Sr. Project Engineer, Northwestern Ontario Sawmills
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Sr. Project Engineer for our flagship 300 million board foot state of art three line stud Sawmill at Thunder Bay, Ontario. This position will also provide engineering support for our Atikokan, Ignace & Thunder Bay Sawmills in Northwestern Ontario.
The Sr. Project Engineer will report to the General Manager Ontario Sawmills and corporate Engineering Manager. You will work in a safe and productive manner to ensure the plant’s projects, mechanical and process control optimization systems are in place and adequately maintained to ensure a consistent product manufacturing that meets and exceeds our quality standards while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime.
- Ensure application of highest Safety standards for all installation, dismataling and construction work;
- Plan and coordinate assigned projects & maintenance activities, schedule manpower, organize shutdowns and other major tasks;
- Maintain liaison between the operations, engineering and maintenance departments;
- Supervisor the job construction site and analyze job in the field;
- Verify the availability of project parts, materials and special tools required for execution;
- Estimate the cost of project labor and materials;
- Research information for new project work and utilize feedback to improve job plans;
- Work closely with Supervisors, operators, and skilled trade groups;
- Arrange materials and services through purchasing personnel and vendors;
- Reporting to the General Manager Ontario Sawmills and corporate Engineering Manager, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Mechanical, Civil or Indusrtrial Engineer Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in related industrial manufacturing sector
Your assets and skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Autocad, MS Word and Excel
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and CMMS and solid computer skills
- Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture;
- Knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Job Type: Full-time