Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) is a dynamic organization leading Alberta’s gaming, liquor and cannabis industries. Our team of high performers is driven to provide our customers with outstanding service and Albertans with choices they can trust.
ABOUT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
IT proudly provides the computer systems, security, IT services and governance that support AGLC’s businesses, including the operation & support of mission critical gaming, liquor and corporate systems running on a variety of computing platforms. IT ensures the stability and performance of a Local/Wide Area Network, which supports over 1,200 gaming locations and more than 2,000 computers/tablets, 150 physical and 2,000 virtual servers distributed across six corporate offices, casinos, RECs and bingo halls. IT provides leadership in the use of information technology, data and systems to help the AGLC achieve business goals and objectives.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Req: 2146
Location: St. Albert Office
Division/Branch: Information Technology / IT Operations
Classification: Systems Analyst 3 (553)
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $70,961.00 - $97,433.00
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidate Found
Reporting to the Team Lead, Gaming Applications the senior level Systems Analyst specializes in activities in the support, administration, and maintenance of all gaming applications, and their related systems, within the AGLC portfolio. This ensures system stability and 24/7 uptime time for our business partners. This person provides coaching and direction to other team members.
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for leading troubleshooting efforts for our gaming systems, many times this will include working with other dedicated AGLC IT support teams (Network, Server, Data Operation), business teams, as well as vendor resources. They will also action on service requests from our business partners, developing process, enhancements or providing subject matter expertise as required. This position will be work within a team but will also need to work independently on many tasks to ensure deliverable timelines are met. Project work is also a core function of the Systems Analyst role. As part of a project team you will provide subject matter expertise, IT oversite, and support QA and UAT efforts.
As a candidate we are looking for you to have these abilities:
- Think critically and creatively, solve problems, make decisions, and build trust across the organization
- Understand a strategic vision and the ability to assimilate this vision into effective actions for themselves and their team.
- Absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities, especially in situations where they may have limited information
- A degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related discipline plus four years’ industry experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong technical background in a broad range of technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate and facilitate effectively with colleagues and peers.
- Experience with the identification and successful deployment of new IT technologies and processes in a medium to large IT organization
- Experience with solution design and analysis
- Working knowledge of the following: Windows Server OS; Linux OS ; Relational Databases (MSSQL, DBS); Networking concepts; Virtual infrastructure; Active Directory and Group Policies
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.