Do Lobster located in beautiful Nova Scotia, is looking for 15 individuals to fill (10) part-time and (5) full-time permanent positions to work a minimum of 30 hours per week in our lobster processing facility to help with processing, clean, ship lobsters across the world.
As a growing family business, we are looking for individuals to perform the following duties:
- Cleans, scraps, trims and fillets product.
- Opens and removes raw materials and places on belts.
- Segregates product on conveyor belt or table according to grade, color, and size, and places product in containers or on designated conveyors.
- Discards cull (inferior or defective) items and foreign matter.
- Packs product in boxes, barrels, baskets, cans, totes or crates for storage or shipment.
- Operates machine(s) to move live or packed seafood from place to place.
- Reviews workspace for cleanliness and safety.
On the job training will be provided. Please note the position involves:
· Repetitive tasks
· Handling heavy loads and must be able to lift a minimum of 60lbs
· Physically demanding
· Attention to detail
· Standing for extended periods
· Ability to work flexible shifts – early mornings and late evenings
· Comfortable working in cold and wet conditions.
Reunification includes: $14.60 per hour for 30 hours work. Benefits as per Labour Standards Code in Nova Scotia.
Interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous people, Newcomers, Visible Minorities, Youth and Veterans please submit your resume to dolobsterjobs@gmailcom or mail resume or personally submit to: 1319 Main Road, Eastern Passage NS B3G1M4
This is not a seasonal posting and Do Lobster is committed to year-round employment.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: $14.60 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person