Elmira Golf Club is an 18-hole semi-private golf course nestled on the edge of Elmira, Ontario. Established in 1963, the course provides a challenging parkland layout with dramatic holes which traverse along the scenic hills and valleys of the countryside. The golf club has a membership of 400 and includes guest play, member events and corporate tournaments.
The course has recently installed a new Toro Infinity Lynx 2-wire irrigation system with plans for an increased project installation soon. The golf course has also upgraded bunker drainage along with new white sand installation in all bunkers. Over the past 3 years, as part of our ongoing tee improvements, the course has added or re-built over 20 tees. Plans are also beginning regarding renovations of a couple green site complexes in the coming seasons.
2023 marks the 60th Anniversary of Elmira Golf Club and the assistant will to responsible to lead the turf team for the U17 Ontario Provincial Championships Boys & Girls in late August.
Position to be filled: Assistant Superintendent
This position is ideal for an individual who is eager to learn and contribute their passion for the turf management industry in a team based, hands on environment. The successful candidate will work directly with the Course Superintendent and provide leadership and motivation for staff in achieving premium playing conditions utilizing their strong work ethic, attention to detail, and effective communication skills.
The responsibilities of the position include….
- Assisting in planning daily maintenance operations and leading our team to achieve set goals
- Training staff in equipment operation and safety procedures
- Communicating observations and making recommendations
- Performing fertilizer and pesticide applications, calibrations, records
- Maintaining IPM program requirements
- Monitoring and managing irrigation requirements and record keeping as well as working with the new Lynx system and programs.
- Leading staff in exciting new course projects, cultural practices, and daily routines
- To strive for personal and professional excellence in performing all duties
Qualifications to include
- 5+ years of golf course maintenance experience
- Has completed or is currently enrolled in a recognized Turf Management Program
- Possesses or can obtain an Ontario Landscape Exterminators License
- Experience with golf course irrigation practices, trouble shooting and repair
- Experience in the calibration and application of fertilizers and pesticides
- The ability to communicate effectively and a willingness to contribute ideas and lead by example
- Has a moderate mechanical aptitude to help with or perform basic equipment maintenance
- The desire to advance in the Turfgrass Industry
This full time position offers a very competitive compensation package including a benefits package, health spending account, Association and licence dues, and other privileges for golf, ability to take a portion of allocated vacation time during the season, Pro-Shop and Grill on the Green discounts.
Resume Deadline Date: April 30, 2023
Contact: [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Elmira, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Landscape maintenance (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-04-30