Registered Nurse (RN)
This position is located in Collingwood, Ontario.
Relocation support may be available for this opportunity. For more information, please speak with your recruitment representative when contacted for more information.
The Collingwood Area has qualified for the Government of Canada’s partial Student Loan forgiveness program for eligible nurses who practice in under-served communities.
At Collingwood General & Marine Hospital, we are anchored by our vision, mission and values and guided by our strategic directions. If you exhibit the core values of CGMH; Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Adaptable, we want you to join us in providing exceptional services to our patient and their families.
Current Immunization Record required, including two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, short of an approved exemption on a ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
This position also includes 6% vacation pay and 13% (or 9% + HOOPP) pay in lieu of benefits as well as access to the Employee & Family Assistance Program and access to CGMH Perkopolis discounts. CGMH endorses the Health Care Providers Group Insurance Plan which provides Group Benefits for you and your eligible dependents by enrollment only.
· Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Current BCLS and ACLS preferred
· Coronary Care 1 or equivalent an asset
· Knowledge of principles of cardiac care, geriatric care, medical, palliative care, dependent on work area.
· Strong conflict resolution skills when dealing with staff, supervisors, physicians, patients and family members.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to exercise good judgement in recognizing situations that may require immediate attention of appropriate person/people.
· Ability to provide educational opportunities for clients and family, other health care providers and health care students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducts primary and focused secondary assessments of the individual using planned and sequential processes
· Collects and analyzes subjective and objective data to plan and identify care needs
· Performs in-depth assessments of clinical variances
· Determines that the data collection, communication techniques and data sources are appropriate to the situation
· Review of the plan each shift with revision of the plan according to ongoing assessment.
· Co-ordination and review of a comprehensive discharge plan.
· Administers patient care within the scope of practice based on the established care plan
· Performs technical skills safely in accordance with the scope of practice, CGMH and unit specific policies and procedures
· Anticipates and/or responds appropriately to expected and unexpected outcomes (including test results) with notification to physician and supervisor
Location: Medical, Surgical, ICU, Emergency, Surgical Services
Employee Group: ONA
Employment Type: Full-Time, Part-Time Casual Opportunities available
Start Date: In line with next Hospital Orientation intake
Hours of Work: 12-hour shifts. Days, nights, and weekends.Please be reminded that as a Hospital, in order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work weekdays and weekends, as well as all shifts - days, evenings, and nights.
Wage: $34.24 – $49.02 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $34.24-$49.02 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Collingwood, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (preferred)
Work Location: In person