With 140 years of brand heritage, Lactalis Canada is committed to enriching and nurturing the lives of Canadians by producing nutritious and great tasting dairy products. Named on Forbes 2022 list of Canada’s Best Employers, Lactalis Canada directly employs 4,000 Canadians, supports hundreds of farming families and contributes to the livelihoods of thousands of Canadians who provide essential services to Lactalis Canada's more than 30 operating sites including 19 manufacturing facilities. The company’s iconic brands include Cracker Barrel, Black Diamond, P'tit Québec, Balderson, Cheestrings Ficello, aMOOza!, Astro, siggi’s, Stonyfield, IÖGO, IÖGO nanö, Olympic, Lactantia, Beatrice, Galbani, and Président. Lactalis Canada’s commitment to responsible and sustainable growth has been recognized with the 2021 Canadian Grocer Impact Award for Sustainability and its CDN $2.9 million investment to the communities in which it operates. Lactalis Canada is a subsidiary of Lactalis Group, the world’s leading dairy group, headquartered in Laval, France. Lactalis Canada is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity. Lactalis Canada strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. Lactalis Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Human Resources team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Must posses a 3-year College diploma or a University degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related field
Must have minimum 2 years experience in food manufacturing lab environment.
- Qualified Lab Technician (all operational SOP’s) includes Analytical and Microbiological Requirements
- Perform all Analytical and Microbiological related Tasks
- Validation and calibration of the Lab Instruments Foss ,Rosa Reader, Cryoscope , pH meter etc
- Technical skills include understanding of all testing methods and applications, Calibration, instrument qualification, Lab calibration program
- Be able to operate equipment during the tasks
- Troubleshooting skills to the extent they can effectively recognize and communicate abnormal conditions.
- Knowledge and Understanding of GMP, Plant Sanitation and Safety requirements.
- Ability to perform Internal Audits
- Support management in development of PQMS SOPS as and when required.
- Strong computer skills
Days & Hours of Work:
02:00pm - 10:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $32.60 per hour
- Do you have practical/working experience of pour plate method and Petri films for standard plate count and coliform count?
- Do you have experience working with FTIR machines?
- professional / working Microbiology experience?: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person