JOB TITLE: Shop Foreman
POSITION TYPE: Permanent – Full Time
BRANCH: Winkler, MB
REPORTING TO: Service Sales Manager
The Canadian agriculture industry is growing, and you could be part of the momentum with Rocky Mountain Equipment (RME). The largest independent dealer of Case IH and Case Construction equipment in Canada, RME consists of 43 construction and agricultural equipment branches across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Our commitment of doing Right by You empowers us to provide a consistent, reliable and safe experience to all our customers and build long-lasting relationships with the greater community
The Shop Foreman is responsible for the direct supervision of; in-shop and field service and repair of machines and equipment, new and used equipment preparation and warranty repairs. The Shop Foreman also; enforces all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals; maintains high employee morale, maintains excellent customer relations, attains short and long-term objectives with good management/planning.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Directs the inspections of components and equipment for repair needs if required
- Communicates with the Service Writer and/or the equipment owner to get approval of work to be done
- Ensures jobs are completed within the allotted time
- Directs quality inspections once repairs are completed
- Assists Service Manager in scheduling technicians to work orders in order to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Discusses detailed work orders and work order allocation with the Service Manager/Service Writer on a daily basis
- Individually discusses work orders with service technicians with regard to how to proceed if required
- Monitors work orders/technicians regularly throughout the day to ensure the work order is proceeding as planned and to provide technical guidance.
- Provides direction and / or solutions to service technicians as required. Follows through on technical problems; problem-solves with technicians and customers.
- Closely monitors the work of apprentices.
- Ensures service technicians are being productive and are meeting time frames/schedules.
- Ensures shop personnel are using their time effectively.
- Ensures service technicians are accurately recording parts, materials and labour expended on all work orders on a daily basis.
- Ensures work orders are completed on time, within budget, and in accordance with company’s high workmanship standards.
- Ensures Service Manager and Service Writer are updated if changes/alterations are required.
- Ensures Quality Control checks are completed for each work order:
- Provides technical expertise to telephone customers.
- Ensure work is performed correctly the first time to prevent repeat failure and comebacks.
- Maintain a clean and orderly safe shop; make sure all tools and equipment are in a safe and working order, advise Service Management of any safety issues.
- Ensure that standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Service Management.
- May be required to work extended hours.
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- Completion of secondary school.
- Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a relevant trade
- Journeyman/woman trade certification in a relevant trade
- Experience working on CASE IH agriculture equipment an asset.
- A good working knowledge of equipment operation and mechanical functions
- Shop floor management knowledge
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Good understanding of financial reporting principles
- Supervisory and management training in related fields
- Leadership skills in a specialized repair environment
- A solid understanding of pricing principles and discounting effects
- Working knowledge of shop layout
- Good computer and systems knowledge
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with flexible plans to suit your needs, along with a Group Retirement Plan. We are committed to empowering and investing in our employees to build and maintain relationships with the communities and businesses we serve, which is why we offer competitive wages across all positions and family health days—six paid personal days for all employees each year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winkler, MB: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (preferred)
Work Location: In person