Founded in 2002, Dallas Mercer Consulting Inc. (DMC) supports hundreds of employers across Canada by managing their workers’ compensation and sick leave claims. Over the years, the company has expanded to offer safety consulting, safety training and industrial hygiene services. Through its growth, DMC’s core business purpose has remained the same – to advocate for employers, keep workers safe, minimize lost time and increase productivity for their clients every day.
Due to our ongoing national growth and expanding business lines, we have an exciting opportunity for a Disability Management Consultant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing disability claims (both occupational and non-occupational) to resolution. As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, both as part of a team and on your own. You have an analytical mind, are well organized and have excellent communication skills. As a strategic thinker, you commonly use approaches that are “outside the box” to assist clients with workplace absences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong relationships with clients across Canada
- Developing and maintaining case management plans that are outcome focused to help injured or ill employees return to work
- Using a collaborative approach with employers, health care providers and employees to create action plans to safely return absent employees to work
- Identifying and assessing medical and non-medical factors
- Reviewing and assessing medical, functional and occupational information
- Identifying and mitigating barriers to the Return to Work plan
- Experience as an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Kinesiologist is considered an asset.
- Disability Case Management experience is considered an asset.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is considered an asset.
- A bachelor’s degree • Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of insurance systems and workers’ compensation legislation
- Excellent analytical, communication and letter writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
DMC prides itself on providing a supportive environment which offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, RRSP program, medical & dental benefits and opportunities for training and development. This is a challenging role that will deliver great rewards to the right applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $78,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Please identify 2-3 dates and times that you would be available for a phone call.
Work Location: Remote