Mid Island Co-op is hiring an Area Manager, Liquor in Nanaimo, British Columbia
Coaching and leadership are two of your passions. You take pride in hands-on leadership by building and mentoring site managers to meet or exceed their goals. Your expert knowledge of liquor makes you the go-to person for managers and staff alike; and your organizational savvy supports consistency of standards and processes in each of the stores in your territory. A retail career with Mid Island Co-op is waiting for you!
Things you’ll do:
- Represent Mid Island Co-op by being an ambassador and demonstrating our values of Community, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- Provide leadership to site managers in your territory to ensure stores meet or exceed budgeted goals.
- Facilitate and deliver training to area employees.
- Recruit, select and train Site Managers and support the recruitment of Assistant Managers.
- Provide coaching, direction and follow-up to site manages in their area through weekly unscheduled and scheduled visits around key business initiatives.
- Plan, monitor, and manage a variety of internal projects from initiation to completion.
- Conduct reporting period financial reviews with each site manager to ensure full understanding of plan/budget and P&L.
- Collaborate with other department managers to resolve issues, manage projects, review procedures for improvement, etc.
Apply to become an Area Manager today if you're a great leader with strong communication skills, and you can lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. You have a minimum of 8 years of coaching experience, including 5 years of supervisory/management experience – must include at least 2 years of liquor experience with strong product knowledge. You have a valid Serving it Right Certificate and WSET I certification (WSET II preferred). Proven understanding of store operations, budgets and reporting. You have strong organizational skills along with intermediate project management and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint). Ability to travel to sites within assigned territory.
Who we are:
Mid Island Co-op is a different kind of business. If you’re a member, you’re an owner. We support and invest in our community because we live here too. With gas bars and liquor stores located throughout Central and Northern Vancouver Island, we pride ourselves on providing quality services and products to our customers. At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve.
Please note that all positions require a criminal background check, and our safety-sensitive positions will require pre-employment alcohol and substance testing (paid for by Mid Island Co-op).
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $85,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-22