Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Lift Mechanic / Millwright is responsible for performing all routine and preventative maintenance on all Mt Seymour lift Equipment and machines.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s core values.
- To follow all policies and procedures
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and other Millwrights to organize a preventative maintenance, inventory and record keeping system.
- To identify and prioritize lift maintenance requirements.
- To carry out all lift maintenance procedures and improvements as required.
- To ensure that all manufacturer’s guidelines and government regulations in regard to lift maintenance and repair are followed.
- Shipping and receiving of materials as required.
- Maintaining records in regard to maintenance work performed, materials used, quality and cost control.
- To ensure a high standard in all finished work, while remaining cost effective.
- Responsible for thorough record keeping and the reporting of equipment status including but not limited to work performed.
- To oversee the work of a Millwright’s Apprentice.
- To ensure adherence to health and safety regulations when performing tasks.
- To assist the Mountain Operations department and other departments on Mt Seymour as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Must hold an Inter-Provincial Millwright Journeyman’s ticket.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience as a ticked Millwright with working knowledge of other related trades (welding, electrical).
- Must be comfortable with working at high altitudes – 50-foot towers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers.
- Valid WHMIS certificate.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to provide timely and high-quality service in order to maximize guest and employee experiences.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to coach and supervise an apprentice.
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions while performing labour intensive duties.
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time, year-round position
- Pays an hourly wage and 50% of employee benefit costs.
- RRSP Program
- Family Seasons and Shuttle Pass
- Clothing, helmet, and tool allowance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $40.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC V7G 1L3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- millwright: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person