Job Number: 54079
Group: Magna Exteriors
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Magna offers excellent Medical and Dental Benefits, after one month of service; 90% coverage + $2,000/year for dental coverage, Profit Sharing, Gym on-site, Education assistance, Employee barbecue, Christmas lunches and Magna employee discounts for products and services.
Polycon Industries is looking for a P. ENG, Electrical Engineer who has a strong interest in an automotive manufacturing environment dealing with power distribution, contractor coordination, and facilities management.
Responsible for plant wide electrical project work as assigned (from 24V to 13.8kV)
- Lead the execution of all electrical deliverables required for the successful completion of engineering projects. This includes deliverables pertaining to utility supply, Dry and Wet transformers, Plant distribution, equipment changes and Instrumentation & Control
- Lead engineering studies such as fuse coordination, harmonic and Arc flash to ensure compliance and reliability of electrical systems are maintained
- Perform and maintain Load and capacity studies
- Ensure compliance with Canadian/US electrical codes and standards, relevant industry standards and regulations
- Candidate must possess an Electrical Engineer degree and be registered as a professional Engineer in Ontario
- Minimum of 5-years of experience actively working in an Industrial and Manufacturing environment in the Province of Ontario
- CEM designation an asset
- Familiar with Canadian Electrical codes, regulations, and industry standards
- Experience with electrical equipment such as Switchgear, MCC’s, VFDs, etc at the Plant distribution and equipment level as well as high voltage electrical equipment up to 13.8 KV
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
A Division of Magna, Polycon Industries is a World Class supplier of automotive parts. Polycon moulds, paints, assembles and sequences automotive products to OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.