Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $24.04 - $31.56 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs. We are currently looking to fill a Full Time opportunity for an Administrative Assistant with our Real Estate and Leasing team at Central City Tower located in Surrey, BC. We need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. Your enthusiasm will assist you when connecting with external and internal clients as the primary point of contact for your Director and Managers.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Responsible for providing confidential project, administrative and clerical support to the Director, Real Estate & Leasing; assists with budget preparation by reconciling and tracking capital and operational expenses; prepares invoices for processing/payment; initiates timely and prompt responses all management levels and professional staff for Fraser Health (FH) regarding status of specific tasks and projects.
- Provide confidential and sensitive administrative support and assistance with real estate correspondence such as permissive tax exemptions, property tax appeals, critical dates around various leasing options, lease renewals and expiries and the acquisition and disposition of property.
- Drafts correspondence, briefing notes, confidential documents and prepares reports including graphs, charts and spreadsheets for the Executive, Facilities Planning & Real Estate, Facilities and Board Presentations or Facilities Committees; organizes meetings, manages appointment calendars, speaking engagements, teleconferences, video conferences and attends meetings; notes important issues and action items at the meetings and reports back to the Director; resolves scheduling conflicts and issues, as needed.
- Responds to a variety of internal and external inquiries by acting as a primary point of contact; provides information directly or refers to appropriate area or individual.
- Provides functional Leasing and Property Management (LPM) support; inputs Real Estate and Leasing information into various software applications including the Archibus database.
- Coordinates the workflow of the assigned area; reviews, receives and processes information and takes follow up action, as required; develops and implements new work methods and procedures; identifies problems, develops alternative solutions and implements changes.
- Reviews operating and maintenance costs in accordance with lease requirements; reviews invoices to confirm applicable charges and identifies discrepancies to be reported to the Director; monitors lease schedules such as lease expiries, options to renew, tenant improvements for further action on behalf of the Department.
- Assists in the monitoring of expenditures for budget reports by gathering, compiling and calculating information; develops, produces and consolidates budget and expenditure reports and statistics for the Director and other departments for auditing purposes.
- Coordinates Request for Service documents and correspondence between FH various departments, Facilities Operation Services and the Facility Manager for real estate lease projects.
- Maintains vacation schedules for the department; inputs payroll information and forwards to Payroll for processing, maintains bi-weekly payroll reports for the Director.
- Provides title searches and company searches from BC Online for the Director and other departments, as requested.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized administrative or clerical program, supplemented with three (3) years' recent related administrative experience in a larger complex business or health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting and contract law
- Ability to type 55 wpm
- Ability to operate related equipment and related software including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to deal effectively with others effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with others
- Ability to manage, prioritize and organize activities
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.