Industrial Control System Designe
BID Group Technologies, DelTech Division
Office Location: Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
You possess strong communication skills and demonstrate a capacity for teamwork. You also have initiative, are autonomous, and demonstrate that you are able to effectively evolve in a constantly changing environment. You enjoy challenges and working with equipment that is on the cutting edge of technology, you want to be part of a dynamic team, and you want to participate in the success of a growing company? We want to hear from you.
DelTech is currently looking for a candidate to fill an Industrial Control System Designer position. Reporting to the Automation Manager, the applicant will participate in the design of automated systems using technical specifications, plans, and technical drawings in accordance with industry norms and standards. The applicant will also perform programming, commissioning, field servicing, maintenance, fine-tuning, and controls upgrades to a broad range of industrial automation systems. The ability to travel to customer’s sites and form a close working relationship with team members, engineering and project management departments is a must in this role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Generation of project technical documentation, service reports, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Design and programming of PLC/HMI systems for different types of industries.
- Specification of instrumentation and devices including VFDs, networks, transmitters, and actuators.
- Participate in on-site system commissioning, remote & over-the-phone troubleshooting service, fine-tuning, and training of customer personnel.
- Be part of a project team to build your knowledge and relationship with customers.
- Travel extensively within North America for a few days up to a few weeks at a time.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and foster loyalty to the BID Group.
- Post-secondary education or bachelor’s degree in Industrial Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or instrumentation engineering program with a specialization in industrial automation or an equivalent.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience, preferably in the sawmill, pellet, or biomass industry.
- Knowledge of all Rockwell products (Allen-Bradley), Wonderware HMI, FactoryTalk View HMI, SQL database.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, enjoy challenges and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems.
- Have a good knowledge of English, spoken and written.
- Be available to travel to our clients’ location for periods varying from one to three consecutive weeks.
What we can offer you:
- Travelling to new places, meeting new people, and tackling new challenges.
- Working on exciting new technologies.
- Constantly upgrading your skills with stimulating projects
- Using your expertise to resolve complex challenges.
Every job application is treated confidentially. If interested in working with us, please send your resume. Only those candidates whose application meets the qualifications of the position applied will receive a response.
Thank you for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday