Are you looking for a career in construction?
Do you want to work for a company that is focused on your career growth?
Do you want to work on some of the largest multifamily projects in Langley and Aldergrove?
Caliber is looking for a Carpenter Labourer to join our team. Please send us your resume and read below for more information on our company and the job description.
Caliber is a Construction Management and General Contractor specializing in the development and construction of townhome and condominium projects. We are a purpose-driven organization taking pride in our focus to Build People, Processes, and Results! A tight-knit group of high performers who Own It, Crush It, and Love It! We are family-oriented with a strong desire for personal and professional growth and development. We work hard and have fun while doing so.
What we Offer
A competitive compensation package including extended medical and dental.
- A profit share program for all our employees where everyone shares a stake in the outcome.
- Employee incentives such as referral bonuses, efficiency awards, tool allowances and Get Smart initiatives
- Culture and team building events such as our biannual trip to Whistler, annual BBQs, annual team building events, weekly Après work (Friday get togethers).
- Our Core values of Crush it, Love it and Own it are what makes Caliber great. We hire employees who embrace these values and by this we create a team of A players who want to win together.
- Personalized education plan and ongoing training opportunities
The Carpenter labourer position at Caliber Projects Ltd is a full-time position. The position is best suited for someone who has a good work ethic, is physically fit and has a good attention to detail. They need to be a hands-on type of person with excellent character, communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment. The Construction Carpenter labourer reports to the Site Superintendent and is responsible for ensuring the tasks assigned are completed with Precision and Speed.
1. Embracing Caliber’s corporate values of the following:
- Own It – accountable to assumed role & responsibilities, and the well-being of Caliber
- Crush It – results-driven to achieve personal and company goals
- Love It – elevate self and others to support a positive and cohesive team environment
2. Carpentry & Labour
Various labour tasks such as sweeping, cleaning, staining, pressure washing, hooking up heaters/dehumidifiers, etc. as required.
- Understand and comply with all required safety policies as directed by Caliber’s Health & Safety Manual and Work Safe BC Health & Safety Regulations.
- Install formwork for retaining walls
- Install 4x6 landscape tie retaining walls
- Build block-outs for concrete encasement
- Build site access ladders
- Build site electrical panels
- Build trailer decks and roofs
- General clean up of site
- Build wood stairs and landings
- Frame drops for heating and insulation
- Fur-out walls for insulation & plumbing
- Build tub decks
- Frame in for tub and shower enclosures
- Install interior and exterior doors
- Assist with framing QA inspections
- Install handrails and guardrails
- Blocking and other miscellaneous back-framing
- Level and grade S.O.G including formwork, insulation, and poly.
- Complete floor repairs and floor leveling prior to flooring install
3. Personal Development
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the efficiency opportunities or issues facing the construction site throughout the progression of the site.
- Partake in continuing education to grow ability and knowledge in carpentry.
- Report to Superintendent on site and Project Manager as called upon.
- Key internal interactions: Carpentry duties and commitment to precision in quality of homes constructed by Caliber.
- Key External interactions: Sub-trade/onsite working Team
- Any Site incidents requiring reporting to flow through the Superintendent
5. Ability, Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of 1-year relevant on-site framing/carpentry construction experience.
- Organizational skills with discipline and attention to detail.
- Ability to use carpentry tools
- Good physical condition
- Written and verbal communication skills.