Regular, Full time
This is a multi-function role in a Business Centre. Reporting to the Business Centre Manager, the person in the Sales Support role should be a dynamic self-motivated individual ready to work in a fast-paced team environment and capable of providing superior customer service to our valued customers.
- Provide superior customer service communication via telephone, email and/or other communication by promptly and professionally assisting with customers' needs;
- Respond to customers' inquiries in a timely manner, with assistance from other team members if needed;
- Develops a professional relationship with customers and/or vendors as per criteria establishes by the Manager;
- Takes necessary action to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner; follows up and verifies commitments are met afterwards;
- Proactively suggest associated and/or alternate products as needed;
- Promotes focus product items;
- Quickly informs the appropriate person (Business Centre Manager, Outside Sales Representatives) of customer feedback with regards to price, products, services, etc.
- Assist with other administration duties required for the successful running of the Business Centre on a 'as needed' basis, (ex: receive and sort mail, prepare deposits, account payables, freight claims, processing paperwork for invoicing, cash reconciliation and other assigned tasks);
- Takes a proactive approach to enhancing their technical knowledge through available training on various product lines and learning opportunities;
- Support in other tasks as needed (purchasing / inventory management).
- Grade 12 minimum completed; Ideally 1-2 years of related experience;
- Strong communication and people skills, initiative;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, OUTLOOK);
- Interest and capability in performing sales duties and purchasing / inventory management functions as needed;
- Good knowledge of English written and spoken;
- Strong ability and desire to develop and grow skills.
This is a position with potential for growth.
What’s in it for you
Voted Great Place to Work®, you can build an interesting and challenging career with possibility of advancement as well as continued personal and professional development. National Cable Specialists (NCS) has always given its employees the opportunity to develop their autonomy, professional skills and competencies. By joining us, you will integrate a team of motivated, competent, and engaged team players. Our Total Rewards package focuses on our human capital to create an environment where our employees can reach their full potential.
What we offer:
- A fast-paced, dynamic, empowering and friendly work environment open to today’s reality.
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous profit-sharing program that recognizes the individual contribution of our employees. There is no limit to your ingenuity; you are encouraged to create, improve, learn and surpass yourself.
- Flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you:
- Health, dental, paramedical & vision care, and prescription medication
- Short- and long-term disability benefits because you never know what the future holds
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Telemedicine
- Reimbursement of training expenses to acquire new skills and advance your career within the organization
- RRSP with generous employer contribution
- Possibility of contributing to a TFSA with a favorable group rate
- Post-graduate scholarship program for children of our employees
- Employee discounts on purchases
- Free parking
- Electric vehicle charging stations in many of our locations
National Cable Specialists (NCS) ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK S7P 0C3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Electrical Wire and Cable: 1 year (preferred)
- Inside Sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
- answering customer calls: 1 year (preferred)
- having a positive outlook: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person