WealthCo is currently looking for an enthusiastic Fund Administrator who will be an exceptional addition to our head offices in Calgary, Alberta.
An entrepreneurial and innovative spirit are highly valued at WealthCo and align to our core values. Team members are encouraged to work within their unique ability. By doing what we are passionate about daily, we become more productive, engaged, and successful.
The key focus of a Fund Administrator to provide proactive operational investment support to the WealthCo Asset Management Team. You will foster strong working relationships with both our internal team and external providers and leverage your technical skills to optimize internal processes, drive efficiencies, and deliver operational excellence with an emphasis on accuracy, reliability and improvement. You will support our Fund Accounting team by assessing and interpreting financial statements and related transactions as well as perform financial reporting, forecasting and planning, and other fund administration duties related to WealthCo’s institutional pooled funds and client accounts.
You will support the company’s goals through these key accountabilities:
- Rebalance client-level accounts on a quarterly basis
- Determine and execute client-level trades driven by new contributions and cash requirements
- Administer and reconcile fund-level trades as required
- Assist in administration and auditing of fund compliance programs
- Assess investment partner statements and other transactions to determine impacts on investment income, market values, and book values
- Update client administration systems to reflect changes in the value of underlying investments
- Ensure that pricing of underlying securities is accurate and up to date
- Active communication with WealthCo’s fund custodian
- Support the Fund Accounting Team in the annual pool audit process by gathering and providing appropriate data as required.
- Maintain and enhance existing documentation procedures
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial summaries of the investment pools
- Coordinate materials for committee meetings
- Prepare and support monthly performance analysis of WealthCo’s pooled funds.
- Responsible to assemble and summarize data; prepare reports; make presentations of findings
- Updating fund facts and pooled fund performance on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Conduct research and comparable analysis as necessary in support of key business metrics and objectives
- Maintain and enhance existing documentation and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will require:
- A university degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance
- A minimum of 2 years progressive experience in an investment administration role in a fast-paced environment
- The capability of prioritizing and managing many projects and adhering to tight deadlines
- A good understanding of business fundamentals and growing financial acumen
- Intermediate/Advanced excel skills with the ability to efficiently handle large data sets
- Strategic mind-set who can drive business initiatives and deliver insights
WealthCo’s mission is to change the financial services industry. By leveraging the unique relationship between an accountant and their client, we are able to help better serve them through our Integrated Advisory model. WealthCo serves our clients through Wealth Planning, Risk Management, Asset Management, Group Benefits, and Integrated Advisory across Western Canada.
WealthCo offers competitive salaries based on education and experience, bonuses, continuous education, opportunities for advancement and excellent benefits which include RRSP matching.
While we thank everyone for their interest, we are only able to contact applicants selected for an interview. You are encouraged to watch for future opportunities by checking www.wealthco.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Fund Administration: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-15
Expected start date: 2023-10-15